2008年5月1日木曜日

大都市と小さな都市 3

少なくともこの待ちに住んでいれば通勤通学は楽だ。

Living in a big city has other side effects. It makes one feel very exhausted. In Tokyo, there are so many people that it’s sometimes impossible not to bump into other people. Many places are crowded and it just takes a long time to do anything and go anywhere. One can have many kinds of jobs compared to life in a small city, but the company has more applicants and to beat them, you have to work very hard. In many cases, you need to work over time. Living in a convenient location is also quite expensive. With a normal salary, one may not be able to live near their company and have to take the commuter trains since the local rent is very expensive and basically, a lot of people in Tokyo are short on time and constantly exhausted. Many people look tired riding on the commuting train. Most boyfriends and girlfriends only meet once a week or so, if they are working. Another negative side of living in a big city is that it can be dirty. More people equates to more trash and junk. Tokyo has a big population and it also has a huge mess to deal with. While I was living in Tokyo, I always suffered from fatigue. Later, I found out that there was dust in the air that I was allergic to. After I moved to Wonderland from Tokyo, my tiredness was suddenly gone. Also, I had a problem with wearing contacts in Tokyo, but after I came over to Wonderland, that problem was also gone. Tokyo is simply not that clean at all. The good thing about this situation or the difference between my hometown and Wonderland is, “Excitement.” Wonderland is not a big city and it could have been a boring city to me, but since I am a foreigner in this city, this helps add “excitement” to my feeling. That’s why I love living in Wonderland.

0 件のコメント: